Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ministerial stuff

I know that my application goes to committee at CRCDS this week or next. I got a call from Meadville Lombard that one of my references seems to have gotten lost in the mail. I called the person and they mailed it over a month ago and now have to recreate it, since they did it by hand :::sigh:::. But after that, they will schedule an interview.

I also followed up with the NERSCC, and am officially an applicant now. I can do a couple of pieces of paperwork and once I'm accepted to divinity school, I can become an aspirant.

Feeling tearful and joyous. It was good to go to the prospective student conference at CRCDS this weekend or I wouldn't have been jogged to check in with the office about my application.

2 comments:

ogre said...

Out of idel curiosity, let me know if you figure out what the distinct lines are when one becomes an "applicant," an "aspirant," and a "candidate."

I never did. I apparently became an aspirant--but never got told so--until I was completing the last paperwork that allows me to go before the RSCC... which I think has to pass on you before you actually become a candidate.

Fortunately, I don't really care. It's not as if the statuses seem to have much meaning. The only annoyance is that I should have been able to go to Ministry Days at G.A., if I'd been told I was an aspirant when I became one. Which is, FWIW, the only evidence I have that I am one, an email commenting on it.

(snort)

Unknown said...

Argh, I posted a detailed reply, but it seems to be lost in cyberspace.

Anyway, I have a list of things I was given that are required to be done before being considered an aspirant -

2 interviews, an essay, photo, inquiry form, acceptance to div school, etc.

I have heard from others that communication is a problem. I find that unfortunate, and I do agree that it's a long process and difficult to navigate.

It would be nice to have a more formal notification process though!