Friday, May 8, 2009

Fits and Starts

After an impatient lull, I am back at planning for school stuff.

I had an appointment with my school advisor, talked to admissions about financial aid, and spoke with registration about classes for September.

I have a tentative schedule planned out, and need to look at modifying it just a hair for fall. Then I need to prepare to do my career assessment - a huge project, and an expensive one. I know it will be useful, but it seems fairly daunting in a variety of ways. That's a UU track issue, not a school issue, but the beauty of attending ML is that things are consolidated to some degree so that things will hopefully mesh better.

I am still mulling over work. What to do. We desperately need the money...unless I get a substantial school loan or a scholarship. But how to work 24 hours but 8 hours of community partnership work plus commute time plus homeschool plus 3 credits of school work? Hmmm... sleep is not an option apparently. I am considering applying to work part time at a local grocery store or something. That might be more doable, and cut out the commute time.

I wish that money were not a problem. I wish, I wish, I wish. But reality strikes ;). The good news is that I almost have enough money to take a class locally at Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School in the fall. So many "almosts," but I have faith that it will come together as it's meant to.

I'm looking forward to June. Things will slow down. I'll have some time to prepare for next year, which will be busy, wonderful, stressful, peaceful, and transformative (I hope).

No comments: