Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More on radical hospitality

I'm taking a class on the Old Testament and the last two weeks have been spent reading Exodus and Leviticus. I'm struck by the idea that many of the instructions revolve around being kind to one's neighbor (according to my study Bible, one of Jesus' main teachings as well) economically.

Sounds like radical hospitality to me. See, one an interpret the Bible in all kinds of different ways ;)

And yes, I should put chapter and verse references in but I have to run and bathe two small children and work for an hour before I take the kids to their Waldorf program this afternoon. So maybe I'll put them in later.

4 comments:

fausto said...

It really shouldn't surprise you that it sounds like "radical hospitality". It's where our Western culture got the idea in the first place.

Heidi said...

Kelly, I just started reading some of your blogs. I find them so touching and real. I miss and am always with you in spirit.

Unknown said...

Heidi, miss you too dear friend! Love your new blog, and hope you keep it up. Our paths will cross again SOON!

fasuto- yes indeed, I shouldn't be so surprised, but I guess I am :)

nivchek said...

Did you know that there is an Eastern Christanity? Both Christian and Eastern. It's an interesting thing to learn about, like, from Google. It is also a lot more visually beautiful than the Western kind.