Saturday, February 28, 2009

Humility

I have been told, and also self-identified, that one of my growing edges is humility.

I'm having a good dose of it this week, and it's very uncomfortable. I've had to accept some help and even knowing that it comes from a place of love, and with wonderful intentions, it hurts. A lot.

I would never survive as a beggar. Next week I have to go ask for more help. There is a lesson being hammered into my head methinks.

I am so incredibly grateful to those who have stepped forward; I never thought that I would have friends like that, given the family I grew up with. All I can say is that I will continue to try to pay it forward in some fashion every single day; at home, in my community, in my church. Every day. Until I can pay it back to those who helped.

No comments: