Friday, August 22, 2008

Degree Review

I just found that my degree committee will convene on Oct. 7 to do a conceptual review (whatever that means). I have preliminary approval now, and hopefully my last evaluator will get in his letter approving my 8 credits prior to the conceptual review. Things continue apace. I swear, the bureaucracy is more difficult than the school work.

I'm reading this right now, and plan to make it assigned reading for my 12 year old this year for history. It will also help her to talk about our faith (as it is helping me) and give her a solid basis of historical understanding (as it is me). This is one of the best books I've read so far about religion in general - it doesn't pretend to be objective and it's not dry.

It also so far is articulating most of the reasons why I love UUism, and want to learn more and become involved in the ministry.

No comments: