Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vacation Recap




Well, we're back and it was largely a successful week away, except now we're broke of course!

Thanks to the hospitality of my friend Laura, we spent 5 days at Lake George, in the Adirondacks. The weather was a little iffy, but we had enough sun to swim and boat, and the kids had a blast.

One funny thing was that they brought their kitten, and he thought that Lucy's hair looked like a cat toy and chased her around until I took her ponytail out!

We had 8 kids and 4 adults and one bathroom, but everyone was able to get what they needed.

We got to visit the Adirondack Museum, which was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon, and stopped on the way home for Mexican food - and the kids were all amazingly behaved. The margaritas were disappointing, but the food was good. Even plenty of vegetarian and vegan options for those among us of those persuasion.




There was also MUCH frogging going on. All released back to the wild pond, of course.

I even got to read a whole book, Breaking Dawn, the final one in Meyer's vampire series.



We came home Wednesday night and then went to see Great Big Sea in Buffalo last night. It was an amazing show and all the kids could go, as it was outdoors and early. They said they're going to be in Dewey Beach later this week. Road trip anyone?

I didn't get to bed till 2:30 a.m. though and am dragging today.

In other news, I got my last credit info in yesterday and think I will get the credits I need (and I ended up needing 3 more, due to my advisor not catching a class on my transcript that wouldn't transfer, GAH!). ML let me know they got my application and are waiting on transcripts and references, so soon I will start to look for scholarships/grants/loans for next year.

I also connected with a spiritual adviser for Wellspring and have an appointment to meet with her on Sept. 2. I am a bit anxious, but excited at the same time.

It was a great vacation, but is good to be home!

1 comment:

Annalise said...

Glad you had a good vacation - and Lucy's little pony tail is completely adorable, I'm not surprised the cat wanted to play with it :-)